• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help - brakes not normal - EP3

[FONT=&quot]just had mot done on my ctr and its passed but they had to change balljoint on front right and brake hose on left rear.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]after picking up my ctr i noticed that the brake travel is twice distance on the pedal and i have to pump it again and it goes back to normal.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]and after a few minutes it happens again and i have to pump it. so garage have checked the the hose they replace and bleed the system, still doing it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]any ideas ? i think somehow there is a air bubble in system ? thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]btw never had this before since i owned the car since from new 2003[/FONT]

well last week they bled the system again with a suction machine but still the same. any further ideas ? can changing new fluid sort this ? booked in again tomorrow.

If the fluid they put in was water contaminated then yes, but you would sort of hope it would have been OK.

If the fluid they put in was water contaminated then yes, but you would sort of hope it would have been OK.
i got in touch with them and they promise to sort it out tomorrow with new fluid. thanks for your help.

All sorted now, garage change the brake fluid and no more fade in pedal. they also got me a 4 wheel lazer alignment as goodwill gesture. all in all happy now my CTR is back to normal. [ thanks for the advice Loxy ;) ]

Back