• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help, Brand new gearbox fitted 9 months ago same problem i hate hondas :-(

so my first ever car was a civic lsi, if it did not get crush by a silly driver i would have it till now, best honda i ever had.

i bought a type R thinking it was the best £10K i could spend, to find out when i give my car to a dealership they not only ruin my cluth they ruined my gearbox too. that was southall honda,

so i took it to crown honda headon, loving the service i got, thought they did a good job to find out nine months later that is had the problem again, not trying to be funny these honda's are **** build or i got a shitty car. because i am totally sick of this car now.

i been told because they fixed my gearbox FOC last time because it was messed up by them the gearbox does not come under any warrenty, so now i got to pay for it sick of the service i am getting from honda and i am sick of the type crap.

new gearbox and i am selling it.

sorry sunday rant.

What was wrong with the gearbox and do you have invoices etc? I would be tempted to go back to the dealer and kick up a fuss, I'm sure there's some act or regulation that states that the work carried out must be an acceptable standard etc. If you have having the same problem 9 months on and you can prove that the fix they did hasn't helped the car then they should repair it FOC. It sounds to me like they're trying to pull a fast one.

NOPE, what i got told was that honda head office paid for the work carried out so it was done under good will which means it does not come with warrenty. if you hear about a car going into a type r dealership you know its mine, i have had it with honda service.

should of bought a soda

As I said in my post, I think they are just fobbing you off in the hope that you'll pay up. Complain like a mad man if you need, that's what I'd do in your shoes. Also email Honda UK yourself and complain.

ok, so after kicking up a missve stink this morning i have been told to bring my car in tomorrow morning at eight, i have taken it to a few other places and they have told me its the gearbox, now i have to wait and see what i get told tomorrow, i spoke to a lady called jasmin from honda uk, (sounded sexy) but she seemed like they will help.

the gearbox makes a squeekey nosie onces it hits bitting point.

this is not a commont fault with your car and i recomment people take there cars back to honda or somewhere where they actually know what they are doing. honda tech, seem to be boys who have just come out of there nappies

sounds like clutch squeal to me. not common but not worth the hassle as it fades and disappears after a few thousand miles. the mechanics would have probably blown the crap out from the clutch with a airline and greased up the slider and pinion shaft then put it back together, that's why it recurring. this is how clutch squeal is normally fixed but its not always a 100% fix. I had clutch squeal and done nothing about it, now i don't have clutch squeal :).

GUYS,

so i took my car in they found out the cluth beearing has gone, i said how could this be if a new cluth was fitted? they toojk the case back to honda uk who told me that they will pay for parts and i will have to pay £500 for the labour. the part only cost £50.

I was so annoyed with Honda so i said just cange it i will pay for it. so what i decided to do was get all job sheets for the gearbox and cluth and make a real legal issue of of this. however one lovely petrson from honda uk was not happy with the decision that was made so shge investageted further for me without me know and now they will replace the part and pay for the labour too because southall honda said they will pay to have this replace.

so all i can say is dont take your car to and Themes Group honda they cant fit anything to save their lives.

Back