• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help choosing Tegiwa or DC Sports catback?

I've no doubt this has been covered before but I having looked for cat back systems for what seems a lifetime. I think I have narrowed it down to either the Tegiwa or DC Sports exhaust.

I like the looks of both and I have listened to a few you tube videos and they both sound like what I am after. Is there much difference between the 2 choices and should 1 be recommended over the other?

I'm also looking at getting the Eibach pro kit soon so need to consider road humps and potential scraping of the exhaust.

Also is there anything else out there for about £500 I may have missed.

I've looked at the M2 Motorsports systems but don't like the choices of tail pipe, i.e. Spoon style or dolphin tip. Also don't want anything too loud as it's my daily driver. I don't think either are too loud although the tip on the DC Sports looks quite large. Also not sure of the difference in pipe diameter and of that matters.

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got DC sports manifold + Tegiwa cat-back, sounds good, not too loud or too low- passes at Coombe at 90dB, also got Eibach pro springs fitted, they give it a great stance.

I've got DC sports manifold + Tegiwa cat-back, sounds good, not too loud or too low- passes at Coombe at 90dB, also got Eibach pro springs fitted, they give it a great stance.

Thanks for the response.

I like the way your car is sat on the pro kit. I'm definitely wanting that done.

At the moment I can't afford the manifold but hoping to go down that route in the future.

Have you got any photos of the tegiwa from the rear of the car. Think it's slightly smaller than the DC Sports which may be a touch big for my liking.

Are you happy with the build quality of the Tegiwa cat back?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I Have the DC Sports Manifold and Cat back and it is loud but it comes with a bung which puts it back to almost standard noise levels, i have that in during the week then take it out at the weekend for a blast, size wise i think its just right.

I Have the DC Sports Manifold and Cat back and it is loud but it comes with a bung which puts it back to almost standard noise levels, i have that in during the week then take it out at the weekend for a blast, size wise i think its just right.
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the DC Sports might be a bit loud for me.

If i was choosing between the two as cat backs it would be the tegiwa first!
Thanks jimbo. Any particular reason you would choose the tegiwa over the DC Sports? I really like the look of the tegiwa one and I think it will be quieter which suits my needs.

Thanks jimbo. Any particular reason you would choose the tegiwa over the DC Sports? I really like the look of the tegiwa one and I think it will be quieter which suits my needs.

Heard of build quality issues with the DC sports.

The Tegiwa cat back design is supposed to be based on the design of the Fujitsubu RM01-A
99% copy as they copy all their own branded products from reputable suppliers, for example Tegiwa ep3 4-2-1 manifold is copied from the TODA design
(Fujitsubo RM01-A is one of the best exhausts out there for the ep3)

Heard both in the flesh and the Tegiwa is quieter and I think it has nicer tone personally

I should have said its sat on 215/40/17 Yoko AD08's

Thanks for the response.

I like the way your car is sat on the pro kit. I'm definitely wanting that done.

At the moment I can't afford the manifold but hoping to go down that route in the future.

Have you got any photos of the tegiwa from the rear of the car. Think it's slightly smaller than the DC Sports which may be a touch big for my liking.

Are you happy with the build quality of the Tegiwa cat back?

Heard of build quality issues with the DC sports.

The Tegiwa cat back design is supposed to be based on the design of the Fujitsubu RM01-A
99% copy as they copy all their own branded products from reputable suppliers, for example Tegiwa ep3 4-2-1 manifold is copied from the TODA design
(Fujitsubo RM01-A is one of the best exhausts out there for the ep3)

Heard both in the flesh and the Tegiwa is quieter and I think it has nicer tone personally

Thanks for the input. Definitely swaying towards the tegiwa. I like the design and the tone from what I can tell on you tube plus the fact it's not too loud ticks the boxes for me.

Hoping to get the tegiwa 4-2-1 later on but need to speak to my usual garage first.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like the DC Sports might be a bit loud for me.

Yea its definitely too loud without the bung in, my mechanic drove it away from me at the weekend and i could hear it at the other end of town. Its great if you're in the mood or you live somewhere remote otherwise its bung in 80% of the time.

Yea its definitely too loud without the bung in, my mechanic drove it away from me at the weekend and i could hear it at the other end of town. Its great if you're in the mood or you live somewhere remote otherwise its bung in 80% of the time.
I leave for work at 7am so think the neighbours would soon get irritated. Think the Tegiwa is definitely the best option for me.

Cheers.

Back