• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help fitting air filter

Just bought a K&N typhoon induction kit and its simple enough to fit, but on the instructions it says you have to take off the negative cable off the battery? Is this necessary as ** lose all my radio channels etc and I haven't got the code to resort it. Might be a silly question but I thought I'd ask. Help appreciated :)

they say to disconnect the negative to reset your ecu, its for the more air going into the engine, i have only read this somewhere, i have done this while fitting induction kits. is your radio the standard one?

Yes standard radio i believe only had it 2 weeks so i will double check first. I might just do it without disconnecting anyway what harm can it do ;)

as i said i just read it somewhere, all it does is just lets your ecu adjust for extra air coming in. but it should be ok anyway as it will just re adjust for extra air. after you fit it take the car for a 10 min run and it will be fine mate, bring on the vtec bwaaaaaaaaaaaa. :D

Back