• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help for cheap decat

Hello I want to decat but don't want to pay £500 for the decat and mani and remap. As after you decat it you apparently need a remap as your engine runs lean and that's bad news.

Basically is there any cheaper way around doing this as £500 is stupid just to decat.

So, why do you want/need a decat then? If you need to skimp on your mods, I'd question your general upkeep of the car. Just my opinion of course.

Just seems like loads of money. Cars in past don't cost 1/5 of that price. Don't mind paying it. Was just wondering if there is a cheaper/ maybe better way. Thanks anyway

Guessing it's a K-series engine? Buy the mods you want and keep them aside and then when you have the mods you want, get them all remapped in together. Saves you money and hassle of 1st mod/mapping, 2nd mod/tweak the map, 3rd mod/tweak the map, and so on.

If it is a K-series, it'll be worth it! :)

Just seems like loads of money. Cars in past don't cost 1/5 of that price. Don't mind paying it. Was just wondering if there is a cheaper/ maybe better way. Thanks anyway

If it is a K series, then cars in the past weren't quite as highly tuned out of the box in NA form

Hi mate if I was you I'd save for decent mods and get them fitted along with a remap the same time. The result at the end will be more rewarding. I learnt the wrong way bought cheap mods had a remap and was told if I'd spent a little more on the mods I could have been looking at 30 to 40 bhp. GUTTED.... Sorry for the spelling

Back