• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP HELP HELP

Hey people,

im in the middle of puting my new stereo in but im stuck :?

i got the surround out by the gear stick so i can get access to the back of the standard stereo but it wont budge.

IS there something i have to loosen first before it pops out.

Cheers,

Chris

There are two screws, one face left, one faces right. Left one is accessed from behind the glove box, right one from a panel under the steering wheel that you can remove (two twist things iirc).

I'm sure there's a how to somewhere.

cheers mate, i did look but i couldnt find it any where.

i started to do it in my lunch our in the works car park :lol: think i may have to put it back together and get home first before i do anymore :lol:

do i need to take the glove box out to get at the screw on the left?

Chris

mate u need to remove the two 8 or 10mm bolts, they are either side of the top section u are trying to remove.

yeh i know what you mean, i saw those bolts in there dotty told me how to do it but the link he gave me is on my home pc and i attempted to do this in work as i thought it was a 10 minute job :oops:
i know now, cheers fellas il give it a bash when i get home :wink:

Watto155 said:
yeh i know what you mean, i saw those bolts in there dotty told me how to do it but the link he gave me is on my home pc and i attempted to do this in work as i thought it was a 10 minute job :oops:
i know now, cheers fellas il give it a bash when i get home :wink:

There are only two screws holding the original stereo in mate. one on either side of it :smt023

Back