• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP honda advice need regarding gearbox

Hi honda owners

I have an 2002 NHB EP3 completely standard it has done 75k

My problem : driving home today about 8 miles, left my work know problem half way to home the type r will not select

1st,3rd,5th gear didnt want to force it incase i would cause more damage, managed to drive it home, can anyone pin point

the main problem it will select 2nd,4th,6th and reverse without any trouble think it maybe to do with the linkage's

all help will be appreciated

cheers ash

Sounds like the selctor fork in the gearbox or gearbox cable .
Check the gearbox cable and make sure it's not caught.

Could be a stretched cable or worn linkage cable cap. Which has popped off especially cos the age have a look see if you can see the cables on top of the box for free movement and get someone to go through the gears

Open bonnet. Check below airbox for any obstructions around gear cables and let us know what you see.

ive had the same problem but only when im in vtec....when driving normal the gears are easy to change...would this be the same problem

also remove the gearstick gaiter and have a look to make sure the linkages are attached still

Mike-ep3 yep clutch mine does it a bit hoping to change it weekend

yep you have to drop the frame out

mine yesterday !
P6080076.jpg

but i can now say that the clutch pedal is sooooooo smooth and light and gear changes are perfect now

i hope minrs is the clutch i told a mechanic today and he rekons its the syncro and not the clutch and said its mega money. just to make sure did you have exacltly the same problem as me ??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Okay my problem was this
The clutch pedal was heavy and the biting point was towards the bottom, not on the floor but low.
When in v-tec it would sometimes be a struggle to get it into second or third and would either crunch or I would have to wait for it to do the rpm a little too very it in.
Other than that it drove perfect.
Thrust bearing was rumbling when clutch was released and out of gear, putting the clutch pedal down sit it up.
Plus I had a rattle under 2k when I was pulling away.
Is this similar to yours ?

my sounds exactly the same but i have not had an noise from the bearing or under 2k rpm did you have the same problem before the noise started or did it just come on all together??????

bloody hell dotty you must get ****ed off with us all i have look at every single problem with gearboxes thst have the same symtoms as me and you have to keep convincing us thst it is the clutch lol :rolleyes:

I bought the car with all of those symptoms but I didnt realize it was a bad clutch.
I knew the release bearing was noisy but that didn't bother me
The rattle I only noticed after a while
Replying on my phone hence the strange messed up words on the last post I made lol

It's the clutch mate.

Mine was the same, hard to change gear on high RPM.

Get it changed mate, I've changed mine at 91k.

yer will be getting it done mines only done 60k hence the questions lol :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back