• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help i have a noise

firstly I have searched but found no solid answer.

yesterday I carried out the hondata airbox mod with cold air feed, whilst doing so I managed to loose a nut that secures the airbox but can't find it anywhere, now I'm not sure if it's connected as I rarely drive the car but when the car is idleing there is a kinda scraping/chirping sound comming from the engine bay now after much fiddling yesterday I found that the noise disapeers when you depress the clutch pedal and then reappears once you take your foot off the clutch?

other than that the car seems fine etc and the airbox mod seems to work well as said I don't think it's connected to the noise just the fact that I was listening more carefully lol

Under the airbox is the gear selector mechanism, there is a good chance the nut is lodged in there somewhere.

nope not in there been all over the car and in the bay and cant find anything will take another look if it stops raining lol, i see alot of people are either saying cutch release bearing or input bearing ?

Right have been back out this morning and have now found the stray nut so is 100% not connected to the airbox mod i did, Its definately related to the clutch as the noise is present at idle but soon as you put the slightest pressure on the clutch the noise goes and then comes back soon as you take your foot off the clutch :scratch:

Back