• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help, Loss of coolant!

I was trying to fit my Mugen Airbox today but thats a different story.

Anyway I knock the pipe highlighted in the pic, below :shock: The clip couldn't have been gripping properly because it came away when I knocked it with the air scoop.

Anyway a load of coolant drained out, so I quickly put it back on and secured it. I am seriously worried I may now have an airlock!!!!!!

I refitted the stock airbox no problem, and started the engine. Coolant temp according to the gauge is ok, and the radiator kicks in and out as normal. Plus I have checked the expansion tank and the level is just above max with the engine running. I'm now waiting for the engine to cool before removing the radiator cap to check the level in there.
Is there anything else i can do :?: I'm worried the engine will overheat, as I'm meant to be going to Silverstone tomorrow.

Any help much appreciated

here is the pic

DSCN0388.jpg

Paul, as long as you check your levels (as you seem to be) then all should be well. 8)

Be prepared for a top up and take some coolant with you on the trip. :wink:

If levels are OK and you don't see any leaks then you should be OK.

There is no leak and the levels seem ok, but I'm worried there may be an airlock some where no I have opened up the system :?

Te gauge only tells you coolant type and not engine temp, so I'm worried that I may have a problem when driving and not know it.

Maybe I'm worrying without knowing it.

Get your dealer to check it out. Say you noticed the leak when checking your oil :wink:

Well I have checked the level under the rad cap and its fill to the brim.

I'm happy that I haven't lost that much fluid, but have topped up the reservoir. I just took her for a spin and all seems ok with the rad fan kicking in and out.

I'll take it easy tomorrow, and if the temps get high I call the very nice AA man :lol:

Just keep an eye on it, normally it should "Burp" the air bubble out quite soon, nothing to worry about!

Well I have racked up 400 miles since this little incident.

All my levels seem OK, and the engine temp has stayed perfectly stable 8). This was after I was pushing it a bit on the way home tonight:twisted:

So I pressume it has "burped" through without any major affects.

Back