• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help making my own traction bar for my ep3

I'm wanting to make my own traction bar for my ep3 can anyone help with design. Any pictures of someone else thats done the same.any pictures of under the car would be good to get ideas.help with this asap would be great as I want to get it made on Friday so I have to order the aluminium and rod ends

I wouldn't try this on your own, firstly the EP3 suspension design isn't particularly easy to try and fit a traction bar to, and the geometry has to be spot on otherwise you can run into binding and other issues, not really a home brew build IMO.

I will be making it at a mate's garage so j will have it up on ramp and things I was just wondering if it was actually possible because I couldnt find one to buy

The problem lies in the suspension design, it doesn't lend itself to fitting traction bars hence there aren't any on the market :)

I really wouldn't bother.

It'll be a waste of time, money and effort for no reward.

What are you using the car for?

I use it as daily but want to take it on strip.I have had it turboed and wheel hop is really bad.I have done the suspension torque damper engine mounts and I am running semi slicks

Are you running boost by gear? I used to get loads of wheel hop, I turned my Dampers down to very soft, and I now perform a longer 'burnout' getting more heat into the tyres, also I let the car in the other lane approach the start first so Im not Staged for ages waiting for them.

What sort of RPM are you launching at? on Semi Slicks it shouldn't be higher than 4000rpm.

Also try running the front tyres at a lower PSi.

It will be my first time on the strip.I have my tires at 22psi . I'm not running boost by gear yet that's something I'm going to get done.my suspension isn't set on hard

^^^ This, Drag strips are a million times different to the road. As Hasnic says, try it on the Strip before you add anything.

Try changing the Camber on the front wheels. Or you could try to keep the rev's low when you're accelerating, avoid wheelspin all together.

Back