• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help me please

hi all can anyone help me????? i have a ep3 and engine light come on . had it on a computer and the codes are p0443 purge valve carbon cannister and p1298 eld voltage high help ?????
where is the purge valve located please thanks stewb

I know about the p1298 code. The eld is located inside the fusebox. The part is easy to replace and can be purchased for about £50 from Hendy (trader on here).
I don't know about the other code and if it relates to the p1298 code. Typically the p1298 code will not trigger the eml, so it is possible its been there a while. Symptoms usually relate to the revs at idle, with them dropping really low then rising to where it should be, car almost feels like its about to stall.

Part number 38255-s5a-003

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
hi mate thanks for you reply , the revs are fine they stay at 800rpm rang honda near me and they said they never had any probs with the purge valve on the type r civic but they would not tell me anymore they said i would have to take it in to them lol more money ??? eld in the fuse box in the engine or inside mate ???

It's in the engine bay, don't let honda charge you for a complete fuse box as the part for some reason is not listed for a type r. I've replaced mine using the part number above and it's been fine.

It's really easy to replace, there's a how to video somewhere. I'll post it up when I find it.

thanks mate just looked at the video you sent looks easy to do , come to think about it honda did say it might be the fuse box (the crafty gets ) where did you say i can get one off the eld relays ??

thanks again you have been a great help cheers will let you know if it works for me , worth a try .

No worries. Not sure about your other code, maybe someone else on here has had experience of it.
I know its something to do with emissions. Btw is your car standard?
Found a bit online relating to an Accord and the advise that was given was to clear the code and see if it comes back. Not sure if this is sound advise.

Just seen that you're in Leyland. If you need your car looking at, then give Stevie a ring at Grinspeed Motorsport in Leyland. He's a trader on here, a top guy and his prices are very,very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back