• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help! My wife drove over a skateboard ramp!

J

Jcorbett

Fn2.
basically she got the fn2 wedged on a plastic scaters ramp, 8to 10 inches, thankfully she called me before trying to drive, car got jacked up ( I was/ am at home with kids btw)
any ideas what damage this could have done?, just been underneath, can't see anything wrong other than the water drip from air con...seems more thn normal.
more than embarrassed! It was on a bend on a cul de sac between a parked car and a skip.

:mad::twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
The exhaust would probably be the lowest part, and should be ok as it is designed to be flexible from engine movement. The next lowest points are likely to be jacking points, chassis or maybe the sump. Again they should be fine.

Car should be ok unless she tried to kick flip it.

Jermal, Thank you!
i have it on good grounds no kick flips although she failed on the nollie backside flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was gutted. She's used to her CRV, type r is taking her a bit of getting used to, but I know she loves it, the kids do!

to be fair, it's not often we are faced with a skateboard ramp in the middle of the road :) .It could have been worse, could have been a skater.
how do you rate the crv in the snow? it's on my list of cars to get as we tend to get snowed in although we seemed to escape lightly this year.

The kids had it on the blind bend, seems they were waiting for a car to drive round! Parents were mortified. No damage, and as you say, better a ramp than a kid!

the crv, ours was an 04 and was no trouble, we bought for the same reason as when it snows here its bad, my wife loved it, only changed as my brother had an ep3 which I borrowed when he was overseas, once driven I needed one, but settled on a more family friendly fn2.
our crv was the 2litre VTEC sport, felt like a tank, but could be damn quick if needed, you really noticed when the AWD kicked in.
brother has a 2011 crv diesel, beautiful car, again, no trouble in snow, but pricey.

we are also looking for a cheap crv, my heads been turned to the mk1, cheap, good spec, and engines..well honda, if not I'd happlily spend a few more on the mk2

sold mine at 94k, Never an issue apart from the squeaky clutch!
id recommend the crv over any AWD including xTrail (turbos...and expensive).

excellent, thanks for the info, all sounds good, especially the snow performance. It will be a year or so before we buy one as it will be when we can manage with one car, and can hopefully afford a mk2 diesel. Need to put up with type rs for now:)

Back