• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help Needed Quickly

Hi guys due to go to Silverstone tomorrow and the petrol flap will not open , no problems before but there is no resistance on the catch. Is there another way of opening it. Only got a bit of fuel in so need an answer if possible please

Try pushing it in the trying again,, failing that pull the lever up and down rapidly, it happened to me once.

Nothing Happening Dotty it's almost like the cable has fell off. How do you get the cover off near the lever?

got it open fewww for future reference you can get to the catch through the rear light opening just twist the popper and out she pops.

thanks for trying to help Dotty

Last edited by a moderator:
have u tried to give the petrol flap a little tap it happened to me it turned out to be the wire that is connected to the filler
cap it was court the lach

thanks rjc but open now but need to get it looked at I think its the cockpit lever where the fault lies

Back