• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help needed!!

Hi, this may seem a stupid question but can someone look at my car and tell me whether i need the facelift mugen grill or the prefacelift?

adamscar009.jpg

Facelift.

Pre facelift doesn't have the projector headlights like you have (cats eye ones), and your grill and bumper is different.

cheers matey, obviously its an 02 but the previous owner must have changed the front end. is the bumper and splitter facelift aswell then? Im going to put my OEM grill up for sale with the badges soon, how much should i ask for it?

Strange really mate, you've got facelift headlights, facelift / Mugen splitter, but looks like pre-facelift grill / small badge...
Mugen splitter makes the bumper look like a facelift, but TBH, I'm not convinced!
From *** look of your slam panel in your other thread(s) I'm going to say PRE-Facelift!

Is the fonr bumper this shape (inside engine bay)
PRE-FACELIFT
$(KGrHqMOKjcE354ZGFGRBN-eIpvVcg~~_12.JPG

Or this shape:
FACELIFT!
$(KGrHqMOKpoE3wYbq4(OBN-dmU49hw~~_12.JPG

Red one is a facelift one!
Pop the bonnet, and get a good slam panel pic, and a good clear pic of front bumper, particularly the lower half mate :D

i will go take a pic in a minute. is there anyway of knowing without removing it? going to have a look now, im on crutches so abit limited as to what i can do.

Here are the pics, i think the actual grill bit is seperate from the bumper and the screws at the top would suggest that but i may be wrong.

adamscar004-1.jpg

adamscar005-1.jpg

i just bought a prefacelift off a lad on forum, then thought i needed the facelift so he gave me a refund, now im going to have to go back and say i need it again. look like a right tool. So your pretty certain its prefacelift i need then. im not 100% sure if the grill does come away from the bumper but it looks at though it does. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

i will take your word for it mate, cheers for helpin me out. got to and beg this guy to sell me this grill again now, feel a right muppet

If that reg is definitely right and not a personal plate you should have a pre-facelift.

The facelift only came out in very late 53 reg cars.

The thing that confused me was you have facelift lights, which has been done before but you don't see a lot. From my phone only the facelift lights stood out to me, and the custom lip skewed what I could see of your bumper, so that is why I said facelift.

Now I'm on my PC and you've put the other pictures up I can see, you definitely have a pre facelift grill and bumper. If he gives you hassle, direct him at me and I'll hold my hand up that I'm the muppet not you. ;)

You can tell the difference on the grill from the meshing.

Pre-facelift like yours, main mesh and finer stuff behind, smaller Red H:
t_grill_1304604716.jpg

Facelift, just the main meshing, bigger Red H (if you look it's got a raised bit for the H and it reaches the top and bottom of the grill):
Image1-41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats good of you mate, appreciate it, but its me that ballsed it up. I should have checked these things before. I have sent him a PM so will have to see what he says.

If it's the same thread that is on CTRO I've just PM'd him to explain the confusion, so I've definitely held my hand up to him.

If it isn't the same one, I've just PM'd a randomer selling a pre-facelift replica Mugen grill. :lol:

If it's the same thread that is on CTRO I've just PM'd him to explain the confusion, so I've definitely held my hand up to him.

If it isn't the same one, I've just PM'd a randomer selling a pre-facelift replica Mugen grill. :lol:

lol you mad guy. cheers though mate. lets hope you got the right one.

Back