• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help: No dipped beam

Turned on dipped beam to drive home from work and both lights went after about half a second. Main beam is fine.

Could just be a fuse? Is the dipped beam on a different circuit to main?

I've got no spare h1 bulbs to test and i'm not too savvy with electrics and need to drive to work tomorrow morning.

Anyone got any ideas where to start?

The fuses should be separate from main and dipped. I would have a look at the fuses under the bonnet

Just found it in the owners manual, looks like there is 1 fuse and 1 relay for right and left headlight. Makes much more sense from a safety perspective to do it like that I suppose.

However, that means it's probably not the cause of my problem. Headlight switch is looking more likely.

I should add, even on dipped beam all my other lights work e.g. dash, rear. Not sure how this effects the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone finds this thread later, I got the voltmeter out and checked the dipped beam connector. 11.9v on live and ground wire was fine. Conclusion - both bulbs are blown. Osram Nightbreakers only 12 months old as well.

My front right headlight goes from time to time, I just have to give it a slap and it turns back on :) this and the fact I have no high beam is a result of the atrocious job the previous owner did to fitting facelift lights. I just can't be arsed messing around with wires all day so I'm just getting them completely rewired and refit as soon as I get a quote that's not ripping me off.

Back