• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help or advise needed

my car type r k20a ep3 was in the body shop for 3weeks and cause they were driving in and out every day the spark plugs filled with fuel started running on 3 and the car was smoky as hell, so gave it a full service and seems to be running fine so it went for its mot and it cant pass the emissions so i assumed that cat might but knackered so i got a new put that on and again the emissions were threw the room so i have a kpro ecu so i put the car back to factory settings and still no joy, ive ran forte threw the car and the car seems to be running fine nothing out the norm not sure what else it could be? any advise would be helpful

Is the car cold when being tested as you really want the cat to be hot. Have you taken it to anyone else to test or same garage?

it was hot when it was taken up cause took it for a run first, ive just ran out of ideas cause she aint smoking or anything now that been fully serviced, would using the kpro to make the car run lean would that work?

i just mapped it myself with the kpro, the usual stuff tell it its got a bigger inlet "rbc" 4branch japspeed manifold standard cat and 3inch stainless system and magnex back box it passed last year with all the same mods, i have put new cat on and set kpro to factory settings still emissions to high

Hang on a minute, it went it to the bodyshop fine, yet 3 weeks later it was running on 3 and smoking?

Sure they didn't thrash the **** out of it at some point?

first thing i thought was they thrashed it but i took a picture of miles and it hadnt done that far tbh and they couldnt drive it any harder than i have in the past got to work that tec, yeh the mapping is very simple with the kpro it tells you everything you need to know and how to do it and with a little help with a friend that knows about mapping was easy, and on kpro it does just have a factory standard setting which i did for mot. all i really did was up fuel on cyclinder 3 by 3% cause it runs lean and a little more fuel in as it was taking more air with bigger inlet and throttle wasnt much runs like a dream no smoke not burning any oil no rattles the only thing i am left with is the cat that i bought maybe faulty

Yeah mapping the KPRO is physically easy using a laptop, mapping it correctly & optimising is another thing altogether.

Road or rolling road?

on the road but all this is irrelivent now becasue i took the map off its set as stock and new cat is on ran some forte threw it still seems to be running rich, i was looking at that terra celan? anyone tried it before?

car is running mint now had its yearly service 'i dont do many miles' all new plud leads all fluids changed, yeh spark plugs were soaked cause only been starked for a few seconds to move then turned off so basically it flooded but all thats sorted now picks up fine hits vtec no bother still beats my mates scooby so not any slower dont smell fuelly no smoke no ticks idles fine has had a new cat i am out of ideas why it would be so high on emissions, was hoping someone had simalar problem and was another solution

Back