• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help Please - AAV & line / Breather Pipe

Hi Guys, Would really appreciate some help here.

As per below photo, What is the correct name for this? I'm having mega troubles with my car just now.

16658954640_bd006d7989_b.jpg
[/URL]TroubleShoot by RichEz91, on Flickr[/IMG]

Car was running sweet, had the engine covers off to clean the engine bay (for the first time in its life I reckon) and noticed it had snapped off. Then went to my local garage and we super glued it back on as a temporary solution while I try to source the part (if the glue is still holding in a few days may keep that as a semi-permanent solution)

Here's the problem - before this the car was running pretty much perfect IMO. Now that it has been re-atached every time I am not in gear she almost stalls. Before this was glued back on if I came out of gear while still moving the RPM would remain around 2k, until coming to stop (its done this since I got it and assumed this was normal?). But now it hovers around 800 and feels ready to cut out.

Is this something that is going to be damaging the car or does the ECU just need time to get used to the change? If somebody can tell me the name of the part I'll try to locate one if it needs changed!

[Edit: This link suggests the name to be AAV & Line?: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=728152 (part thirty eight) ]

Any help appreciated here guys.

G

Number 9 on the diagram: http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...ock_01=17S5S01&block_02=E__1501&block_03=9726

E__1501.jpg

Honda part #: 19350-PNE-G00
Description : OUTLET ASSY., WATER
RRP: £145.69

It is very common that they break. It's an air breather from the water pump to the inlet manifold. Your car has been ticking over high because air has been getting into the intake manifold, though the breather pipe which is after the throttle body. It's uncontrolled air getting in and the ECU can't compensate for it.

800 is about right for tick over. It's probably just that you're used to it being higher. 600 I'd be worried, 800 is fine.

Thanks Loxy,

I saw on the TRO facebook page somebody had the same issue and it was suggested the hoses were just blanked off, is this a bad idea?

It probably is a case of me being used to the higher idle, it has stalled 2x since it was put back together hopefully this won't continue, had too many costly visits to the garage recently :S

It won't do any harm blanking it off.

The breather lets out air from the water pump mixing round the coolant, your expansion bottle will collect the bubbles eventually, so it's much of a muchness.

Thanks a bunch for that Loxy. It actually drives like a completely different car now, before, while it was revving high it was an absolute dog to drive in rush hour traffic and now its totally drive-able.
Feel like a proper clown for not realizing it wasn't meant to idle so high now. Will look out for the part think glue is doing the trick just now though!

Back