• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help Please, camber arms broken!

Hi Guys,

Bit of help if you could. I had camber bolts and SPC camber arms fitted to my car back in January. Ive today been told by Honda that the bush in one of the arms has gone and there is excessive play in the arm and wheel.

I have contact the seller on ebay about this and hoping to get this replaced, however, can you tell me while it is still on the car is there anything safety wise I should be careful of?Obviously the ar will not handle aswell but can anything happen to the wheel? And i the seller request I post the cmber arm back for inspection / remove to photograph, what would happen if I removed the rear rear arms, what would the settings revert back to? Would the wheels at the back just flop around or can I remove them safely.

Thanks guys!

You can't remove the arms and not then refit replacement arms or the standard arms back in as they are integral to the rear suspension. The car should be safe to drive normally, but I wouldn't hoon it around too much.

Best bet would be to take both rear arms off, refit the stock arms until you can replace with the new SPC arm and have the geometry set-up again.

thanks mate, so if I re-it the standard rear arms the car would go back to factory settings at the back? or would I need alignment again?

Thanks

Camber would go back to factory but I believe the toe won't. However, I seem to recall that changing one can affect the other so it may need a re-check?

Back