• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help please,radiator fan on all the time!!!

HI,the last couple of weeks i have noticed my fan or fans come on as soon as ignition is on.
This is when engine not running and cold.
Would this be the temp sensor?
If so where is it please.

Thanks steve

Thank you for your help, problem solved.

I've not had the car very long and this can only be put down to 'operator error'. At some point I'd pressed the 'Auto' button in the middle of the temperature control, this switches on the A/C. When I'd fiddled with the fan speed, mode and temperature to revert to manual control the A/C was left on. The curious thing is that the LCD display doesn't show the status of the A/C when in Auto. If you just press the A/C button the LCD displays A/C On or A/C Off. When you go back to manual from Auto the display shows nothing so I didn't realise the A/C was still on.

I wouldn't have found this without your prompt to check the A/C. I suppose I ought to read the manual.........

Thanks again.

I found the above online and this is what mine was doing.
I have just tried this and mine was the same,i will double check tomorrow.
I guess every day is a learning day lol.

Can't work out if you're being sarcastic?

If you are, then you waited a whole 52 minutes for a reply.

Can't work out if you're being sarcastic?

If you are, then you waited a whole 52 minutes for a reply.

Hi,i fail to see any attempt at sarcasm.
I was just listing a reply i saw online reference radiator fan on all the time.

This below,

I've not had the car very long and this can only be put down to 'operator error'. At some point I'd pressed the 'Auto' button in the middle of the temperature control, this switches on the A/C. When I'd fiddled with the fan speed, mode and temperature to revert to manual control the A/C was left on. The curious thing is that the LCD display doesn't show the status of the A/C when in Auto. If you just press the A/C button the LCD displays A/C On or A/C Off. When you go back to manual from Auto the display shows nothing so I didn't realise the A/C was still on.

I wouldn't have found this without your prompt to check the A/C. I suppose I ought to read the manual.........
27/09/17

I did not know rad fan came on with a/c but this seemed to be the same symptom as mine as i did not realize i had auto mode on which brings the fan on.

I have turned auto off and fan is off.
Please could someone point me to the radiator temp sensor incase this does not work.

Kind regards
steve

It's cool. I didn't realise that. Just read that you was saying thanks cause no one helped.

Glad you sorted it.

I have discovered it was nothing to do with the a/c as the fault is still there!

Engine cold and ignition on both fans fire up,1 fan is too cool engine and the other is to draw cool air in when a/c is on i believe
Any ideas why both fans would come on,ect sensor in engine block?
Sensor in radiator?

Engine runs at normal temperature and heating is fine.

Any thoughts please.

Back