• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 help please!

championship white or a gt?

• Total voters
I'm looking at buying a type r in the next week or so. But have one big problem.
I do not no whether to get a championship white or a gt? I have been debating this for a while and I know the differences are small between them (main ones been colour and LSD.) Or do I buy a gt and have an LSD fitted and if I prefer white have it wrapped. There is a substantial amount of money between the two like 4000 pound.
The problem is one of my best mate is going to be buying a cw in a couple of months and I don't want to regret the fact that I didn't buy one if I just get a gt

As you guys have civics do you think that a cw is worth the extra money. I'm not afraid of modding in fact I actually get quite addicted;)

The Championship White cars came in revision or facelift spec so have the USB connector and hids.

As long as you get a GT with factory hids the only difference will be the paint, diff and you won't have a limited run number plaque, just the standard run one. You can tell the facelift spec ones because they'll have headlight washers.

Grinspeed would probably be the cheapest place for an LSD fitted. They charge £900 supplied and fitted for an M Factory diff.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?77886-Offers.

I went for a Wavetrac LSD when I got mine done and had it done at TDi-North when I was having some other work done. It came out at a bit more, but it all comes down to who you choose and what diff you want.

Then except for the paint work it would be practically the same, with the exception that the M Factory diff is probably a better spec than the OEM Honda LSD.

I would also like to know every ones opinion on this. I'm leaning towards a cw myself, and will more then likely get one in a few months when my insurance runs out on my current car.
The main reason I want a cw is that I think it looks nicer in White, and as states above, comes with lsd and hid's

Back