• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help please

Hi, sorry it has been so long since i have been on here.

i have started that i want to modify my EP3 more but i am finding it hard to choose products as i dont have that great a knowledge of cars. if putting a sports oil filter on your car actually makes any difference at all?

thank you very much for your help.

Hauke

Not really, nothing wrong with an OEM one or HAMP to be honest.

I'm pretty sure they are supposed to help raise oil pressure because they are less resistant to the oil passing through. Whether they do or not is subjective.

They only way I can see them doing this is by reducing the filtering ability. That's not something you want to be doing really on a road car.

Race car maybe that gets regularly stripped down and the oil changed after every couple of races, but not so with a road car.

ah thats perfect thank you so much for helping me, you also just saved my car i think haha thank you mate

Sorry to bother you again but you said about the OEM and HAMP oil filters, what is it they do?

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer (Basically the manufacturers standard part)

HAMP means Honda After Market Parts (Just another manufacturers standard part, in a different box)

You don't need an upgraded oil filter on these cars on the road, or track.

Race cars maybe, but I see no benefit personally. :)

As what Stoo says.

However I always go for HAMP filters as they aren't that much more money and generally speaking I am a Mingebag most of the time.

I use HAMP on mine, don't know how true this is or if it's just marketing hype but I've used them on previous models and the one I own know and have never had a problem. The difference is described on various websites as:
Hamp filters are designed to keep a more constant Oil Pressure, and raises oil pressure by about 5 psi. If you know JDM then you know this product needs no introduction. Hamp is Honda's Japanese aftermarket product "Hamp Synergy".

The Hamp Synergy are set up after the Honda original parts products. These can be used on most Honda civic and integras. Features to this item include a unique release valve that dynamically adjusts to the conditions within the filter to keep the flow and pressure constant.
The HAMP oil filter will last longer and filter better than any other filter on the market. An item that is a definite must have for any Honda engine. Genuine item, better than OE quality !!!

Back