• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help quickly needed!

ok guys i thought one of my speakers had blown but after checking with a good one it seems not. my front right keeps playing distorted music , when i fade it to the left the left hand side is ok, the speaker id definately ok

what could cause this?

help needed quickly as the car is in bits and it looks like its gonna rain!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the terminals shorting out on the body work? Check the connection to the stereo and the wiring.

Are you using an amp?

hi no the terminals arent shorting out, ill check the connections behind the h/u and im not using an amp. standard h/u infact.

So the right front speaker distorts but when you fade to the right it sounds ok?

If the wiring is ok and the speaker is ok only thing I can think of is the headunit.

sorry my post read wrong when i fade it to the left the left is ok, its just the right hand side, thanks for your reply mate

Have you checked that the + and - connections are the right way round?

on the speaker? tried them both ways round no difference. wierd thing is its been gradually getting worse as if the speaker was getting worse but checked 2 other speakers on it and its same??

ok ill have a look at connections behind it tomorrow and report back , not too arsed if its the hu its getting replaced soon anyway.
cheers mate

had a look tonight, unplugged h/u to no difference.
took the speaker off again and re-connected it and it seems better now
not perfect but better . must be my connections im going to cut all the spades of and put new ones on see how that goes. fingers crossed!

Back