• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help!! Rear Camber Adjustment

Bought my Type-r couple of months, can't fault it. However the previous owner had the car lowered on springs with the fast road geometry set up. This included front camber bolts, rear camber arms and rear polished tie-bar. Noticed the back tyres were wearing far to fast on the insides.

I am presuming the fast road set up doesn't cater for tyre wear, just handling. I went to get the 4 wheel alignment checked and a lot had to be adjusted and now all is good apart from the rear camber (-) is way out and unadjustable?? Again i am presuming this set up will be ideal for cornering. I think the rear tyres are going to be wearing way too fast and so does anyone know where a rear camber adjustment can be purchased and what the cost will be. Am sure it will still handle sweet when adjusted.

I was even thinking about putting the old springs back on but she looks to good to be doing that. My lowering knowledge isn't the best as you can probably tell but any help is appreciated.

www.tgmsports.co.uk will be able to supply you with a set of Eibach (SPC) rear adjustable camber arms. Alternatively, I think all the aftermarket camber arms are adjustable, so you may be able to get your existing set up aligned to a less aggressive setting.

ideally you need to take it somewhere that knows about alignment (not just factory settings) and who is familiar with how the camber adjustable arms work.

Back