• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help!! Rev problem!

hi

i have a problem when the car is idling!
when i am still and press the accelerating when the revs fall back down they are dropping down way below the idle speed,
its causing the car to judder and it also happens when i come up to a junction or roundabout.:confused:

can anyone please help!
i have heard it could be the Idle Speed Control Valve???
thanks

I'd be checking out the Idle Control Valve too.;)

Sounds like the culprit.

cheers lads, yeah it could very well be that, just need to find the time to get it off and cleaned :(

Give the cone a clean on your K&N kit with a recharger kit.

To reset you ECU just unplug the battery for half and hour then reconnect it again.

This my clear your idle problem.

im guessing i can get this recharger stuff from halfords? the K+N is only 5 months old.

i had the battery disconnected on tuesday night for 2 hours when i was fitting the Hids.
its gotta be something simple :lol:

im guessing i can get this recharger stuff from halfords? the K+N is only 5 months old.

i had the battery disconnected on tuesday night for 2 hours when i was fitting the Hids.
its gotta be something simple :lol:

Right then, if the filter is only 5 months old and the ECU has been reset leave the car alone for another week and see what happens.

The ECU may be finding its feet again with the new filter.

after taking the car for a good 120 mile round trip to Aberdeen yesterday, when i got back the car was not doing the annoying dropping in revs thing!!
it was stable when i dipped the clutch or coming to a stop?????

maybe the run was what it needed however, im not sure if im being paranoid, but it just doesnt feel as responsive or quick??????

Yes mate sounds like that ECU reset and the good run and worked out the idle problem.

The ECU and the engine are now used to eachother and will be worked correctly.

In regard to your thinking that you have lost power, this may be true. Sometimes when you put an aftermarket filter on, cars can lose power.

What sort of filter have you got?

The OEM filter is very good in fact. Even better if you do the HONDATA mod to it.

Take a look here......

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=64073&highlight=hondata

Christurbo did a very good job.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a k+n typhoon kit fitted, its probably me just being paranoid!!

he has done a good job with the hondata mod!!!

Back