• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help? Unsure about decat/maifold etc.

So, I think i've saw some contradicting info somewhere or some parts being described incorrectly, but long story short, I've just fitted a toyosports spoon rep catback myself this past weekend & have now decided i'd like to decat & upgrade my exhaust manifold.
I have ordered this decat pipe tonight but now unsure of the components of the exhaust, i'm by no means a mechanic but just like to dabble. If i have part '1' is that my whole pipe to then connect to a manifold such as part '2'? OR if I buy a 4-2-1 racing header in part '3' that is already decat w/ the flexi joint right so i don't need part 1 and could just purchase part 3? If that makes any sense at all? haha thanks guy!
Here's the decat pipe, for the post's sake we'll number the parts 1-3.
30v2k1s.jpg

5wkmqu.jpg

11izdhx.jpg

Appreciate any help as i'd like to order tonight so I can fit it this weekend :)

Part 1 replaces your OEM cat. Part 2 replaces your OEM 4-1 manifold. Part 3 does away with part 1 and 2 and replaces the whole lot with one part.

You will get a check engine light as the ECU will think the cat is broken. You can use an O2/Lambda spacer to fool it, but the car will run lean unless you get it remapped to compensate (remap would also turn off the secondary O2 sensor monitoring) and it certainly won't make much more power until it is remapped.

Thanks Loxy top man! Thought so, just wanted to double check with someone, assumed part 3 was decat 4-2-1 but wasn't sure.
Yes so i've heard so will probably be looking at getting it mapped over the coming weeks, have heard theres no difference between k100 & pro, apart from pro has USB compatibility to use software on a laptop whereas k100 doesn't and is much cheaper?

Back