• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help, what are these??

hi, i am just doing an oil change on my 53 plate type r, once under changing the oil filter i noticed this, see picture, am i right in thinking this is the anti rollbar stabilizer link?
attachment.php

if so what are the best replacements in your eyes please?

many thanks.
Steve

Attachments

• stabilizer.jpg
    stabilizer.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 89
It's an anti roll bar drop link, pretty cheap at motorfactors. Yours is broken, get a new one on there, may as well do all four corners at the same time.

I've used cheap ones from eBay and used ones from my local motor factor and they all last as much as each other. Think i've done all four for around £30 in the past.

If they eat drop links I guess I should check mine. I have had the car 9 years and never changed them. :lol:

If they eat drop links I guess I should check mine. I have had the car 9 years and never changed them. :lol:

Yeah, you should check that. The mechanic should notice when it's serviced. I guess it depends on the roads you drive on and how enthusiastic you are. Last summer I broke two on one big bump!

Honda OEM are the longest lasting I've had so far.

Just changed mine for Meyle ones. I think four with new ARB bushes was fifty something.

Impressed at the easily accessed 16mm flats next to the ball joint, should make replacing easier than the ones I had to grind off...

Back