• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help with Alpine Head unit install......please?

I've seached the best I can but still can't find a difintive answer :(

I've recently purchased an Alpine X305s with the bluetooth adaptor and after looking on the 'how to' section found out what I needed to do to get the centre console out, but after doing so realised I couldn't wire it in :( Good pratice for when I eventually can though :D
So I was wondering if anyone knew what adaptors and such I'd need to get it in there?
After a bit of searching, I've found I need the ISO adaptor for the accord, but is this all I will need? Will I need any adaptors to get the bluetooth unit wired in too?
Is this the right part to fit the HU? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_177901_langId_-1_categoryId_165626

Thanks for reading,

Scott

The harness should be all you need to link the head unit to the cars OEM wiring. as for bluetooth kit, I should imagine everything you'll need for it will come with the stereo.

Cheers Tone, but which bit is the harness? The one in the link? Sorry dude a bit clueless about this sort of thing, along with many others :lol: :p

I forgot to mention I also have the OEM multichanger. Would this be able to be connected via another adaptor?

Thanks again Jermy :p

Scott.

Cheers Tone, Got one from Halfruads in the end, needed the ariel adaptor too. Having a bit of trouble connecting the iPod touch though, coming up with 'error 03' :(
Bluetooth unit is in too but my phone wont pick it up in the car and when I press the call button on the HU, it says 'no unit' :( Any ideas? Need to download the manual for the HU really, got the one for the bluetooth unit but it doesn't tell you how to set it up.

Any idea which adaptor I'd need to connect the CD changer to the HU?

The wiring loom is all you need i have an alpine double din and and thats all you need mate.mate see if the alpine unit is a few years old for some reason not all ipod or iphones work some will work but wont charge some come up error like my iphone dont have a clue why but i have an ipod 3rd generation that works and charges it.my din is a few years old so youl just need to find out what your unit works with.hope this helps mate.

If i remember you need a separate unit for the bluetooth on a Alpine and its a few quid as well

If i remember you need a separate unit for the bluetooth on a Alpine and its a few quid as well

Hey Joe, I have the seperate bluetooth unit for the HU but not sure if I've connected it properly? I have connected the pink and black wire which is the interuption for the stereo when you get a call, and also the red wire to the HU also (noy sure if that's right), but would I be right in thinking you need to connect the yellow to the battery? How do I do this? As the yellow connection on the HU is taken :(

I got the iPod connection working last night and like the way you control the iPod from the HU, very handy :D

I just tapped into mine when I put a underseat sub in I thought they had a double socket in the yellow wire or am I thinking of the red one.

Ok I've just had the gear stick surround off again to have a little look at the wiring and I think I've not connected the yellow from the head unit to the bluetooth adaptor :oops:
The adaptor has a yellow split wire one I presume to fit the HU yellow to the power and one for the adaptor? I'm such a fcking mong :lol: :oops:

Thank you for all your help chaps, I'll let you know if it sorts the problem.

Cheers,

Scott

Problem now sorted. I hadn't connected the yellow from the adaptor to the HU, might put me in contention for the ultimate TRO spastic award :lol:

Thanks for all your help fellas, much appreciated :D

Back