• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help with an exhaust noise please....

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
I know it's very difficult trying to help with this as it's different hearing the car in the metal, but need some ideas.

Last night whilst putting the car in the garage I noticed a noise I'd not heard before.

The only way to describe it is as the engine comes from 1100rpm down to idle there is a metallic rasp coming from the exhaust.

I've got under neath as best I can & can see anything rubbing or rattling against the exhaust, but if i tap the back box it almost makes the same noise.

Only thing I can think of is maybe the baffles are on their way out?
Although i do fooking hope not, cos I certainly won't be replacing the Amuse like for like.

Any ideas peeps?

Gonna try & get it on some ramps to see if there is anything rubbing/rattling.

Could it just be that due to the stiffened mounts, there is no give & causing this?

Cheers

Scousefella said:
Vibrating heatshield? :?

It's defo coming from under the car by the back box mate.

Don't think it's the baffles as there is no straw tale tell signs if that makes sense?

SpaceMonkey said:
Scousefella said:
Vibrating heatshield? :?

It's defo coming from under the car by the back box mate.

Don't think it's the baffles as there is no straw tale tell signs if that makes sense?

Not sure what else to suggest Lee - maybe ask one of the tuners, maybe it is a known situation and has an easy fix. :wink:

The exhaust tubing from the back box is rubbing on the rear ARB as it hits a certain resonance??

Shiz Stu :(

You running an Amuse too?

It has purely started happening since the mounts went in.

Must get her in the air to have a nose

Yes its the amuse mate. Thing is I went on a blast with the yorkshire boys today, There was a time where I was slightly airborne.. I think this may be the cause :shock:

dotty said:
Yes its the amuse mate. Thing is I went on a blast with the yorkshire boys today, There was a time where I was slightly airborne.. I think this may be the cause :shock:

Fook a duck :(

Is it make the same sorta noise I'm describing?

Where has it gone?

Cat end of back box?

Its like a droning noise mate when de-accelerating and its very rapsy when pottering about but sounds normal under hard acceleration.

I hope its repairable as the system is mega bucks and like you I wont replace it like for like :shock:

Thankfully I purchased an OEM catback on the teg forumn for a mere £30 which I can use till I either flog the amuse as it is or find another system,

Time is my issue at the minute, Weekends are taken up as Im off to Iraq soon and getting away from work will be tough going during the day..

dotty said:
Sorry mate in answer to your question its where the exhaust meets the cat.

Mine is defo fine that end, I was under it most of yesterday & tbh it looked almost new.

My noise is defo coming from the rear almost exactly where the back box is.
Gonna have get it up in the air & see what the coo is

Back