• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help with brake part number

Basically I've got a click from the near side from brake caliper, every time I apply the brakes. I've been talking to Honda about it over the past few days and they aren't sure what's causing it. I haven't taken apart the brakes yet, that's the next plan if this fails.
The only difference I can see between near side and off side is this missing clip

a378c33c19181adeaa5c3c66a3479a2d.jpg

Apologies for the simply awful photo but I ruined my phone the other day so I'm on a budget Nokia!!

Does anyone know what this is part of? It's not one of the retainer clips and I couldn't see it on a parts diagram, nor could Honda parts guy.

Many thanks in advance

Ben

I don't know where it's from but I do know it's not meant to be like that. I'd suggest you remove it ASAP

Looks like one of the pad holders(?) has moved round. It should be up at the end, not in the middle. Should be easy to fix! Take the pad out and click it back it to place, ten put the calliper back.

This is getting interesting now ha, will take the wheel off and take it apart and put it back together properly. Re the other side, do you think the clicking could be something simple like missing part of the shim? Might as well just pull that apart too and crack out the copper grease.
Many thanks for the help chaps

The metal bit is a crude pad wear indicator.

When the pad has worn down to near its limits, this tab will rub on the disc, causing a noise to let you know they need changing!

It doesn't matter which side they go, up or down.

Back