• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help with scratches etc...

I'm going to give the beast a good clean in the next weeks and have a couple of questions:

I have a few scratches on the roof, bonnet and wing due to the local cat using my car as a way of getting on and off an 8ft wall!!!!!!!! so i was thinking of using Meguires Scratch-X all over the car.

Here is the sequence i was thinking of:

Wash car
Clay Bar
Scratch-X (any other suggestions to get rid of scratches and swirls)
NXT Tech Wax

Is there anything else i should do to get the best finish possible?

I'd use the scratch x as a last resort myself. Although saying that I do need to use this now :lol:

You may find that the clay bar does the trick :)

Have you tried the 3 step system?

Cleaner, polish and wax?

Any pics of the scratches. They are just surface scratches right?

smeg said:
I'd use the scratch x as a last resort myself. Although saying that I do need to use this now :lol:

You may find that the clay bar does the trick :)

Have you tried the 3 step system?

Cleaner, polish and wax?

Any pics of the scratches. They are just surface scratches right?

The majority of the scratches are surface scratches except for the one on the bonnet which might be a little deeper. Unfortunately the photos I took didn't show anything because of the light.

Does anyone else have any advice on whether scratch-x can be used all over or is there something better to use?

How about the following sequence:

Wash
Clay Bar
Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Scratch-x (for the problem scratches)
NXT Tech Wax

Do i really need to do both Clay Bar & Paint Cleaner?

There's going to be some serious arm work required!!

Couple of thoughts, the clay bar and paint cleaner do different jobs if my memory serves me right so get those arms working. There are certain products that fill the scratches, if you add a coat of glaze after that it'll seal the product in and stop them showing up at the next wash. It might be worth looking at the polished bliss website guide.

regards, Kevin

Back