• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hey all ive got a ep3 type r, had it about a month.

Hey all ive got a ep3 type r, had it about a month. Nighthawk Black 2003. Ive noticed recently when starting the car first thing theres a kind of grinding,metal chain slipping noise. Idont think its timing chain as wouldnt this make the car run rough and it runs great. Anyone else had this prob? Also when accelerating fast or braking i hear a knock from front, is this the chassis under stress? Also i had hole in exhaust on mid section silencer,pipe had split at top slightly so i gun gummed it up and seems fine until i get new mid section. Preivous owner had welded up the back box section to mid section and although fine it caused a split on pipe mid section. Also i have no idea what back box i have on the ep3, it sounds ace and is fast but id like to know which back box i have. Its an oval 6 inch by 4,is theres anywhere i can check for make etc? Finally one last thing....when cruising i hear a rattling type of noise, is this my brakes? engine when idling is spot on so dont think its that. Thanks for any advice, great to be here.

It's the starter its a very common problems I'm sure someone on hear knows how to sort it. As regards the other one it's probably grit or dirt or stones caught between the subframe and the chassis

Back