• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Hey, enquiring about a DC2

Hey Just registered on this forum a couple of minutes ago i regularly go on sax-p and SSC as i used to own a VTR, but now im looking to go jap and The Type R Honda Range is what im after. Just had a look on Pistonheads etc but there doesnt seem to be much for sale around Scotland way. Im 19 years old and have recieved a quote of £1089 tpft. I Currently have about £4,500 but realised this is around a couple of grand short. So while im saving can any1 give me hints and tips on what to look out for when purchasing a DC2.

Thanks Alot :)

Best source of information is the DC2 forum. I'm in a similar simtuation as you, looking to buy and I've been doing my research on the site below.

http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/

I'm suprised at 19 your insurance is that low. If you're increasing your budget to >£5 you'll find most insurance companies will want you to go fully comp and expect a substantial rise in premium.

I'm 24, 4NCB, 0 points, the DC2 will be my 2nd car, <5k miles and a value of <£6k and I have been getting quotes of circa £700. Incidently I pay that on my 300bhp Focus ST that's worth treble my DC2 budget and does treble the mileage. The DC2 is group 18 compared to my Focus's group 17.

Last edited by a moderator:
my bloody insurance 4 my dc2 type r is £1800 third party fire and theift and im 22!!!!!!!:evil: :evil: the joys of livin in n.ireland!!!!

ha unlucky mate just had a look at a quote for an EP3 Type R and im £1200 tpft. All this honda buisness is givin me a sore head. I want 1 ASAP and only have 5k max to my name. going to have to save for another 6months at least 2 get a decent machine :mad:

mate get a dc2 not an ep3!!! my m8s have ep3's and my dc2 kicks there asses and theres not as many dc2's about as there is ep3's!!! :D/

mate get a dc2 not an ep3!!! my m8s have ep3's and my dc2 kicks there asses and theres not as many dc2's about as there is ep3's!!! :D/
DC2 wins for me when it comes to driving experience.
EP3 wins if you want more of an all round car and a slightly diluted Type R experience.

Might be selling a DC2 soon, will be around £4500 but has done 140k miles.

Still runs well though and a recent rolling road showed everything was running really good.

Might be selling a DC2 soon, will be around £4500 but has done 140k miles.

Still runs well though and a recent rolling road showed everything was running really good.

I know hondas have a very good reputation and this sort of mileage is nothing for a honda engine but 140k is a bt high for my piece of mind.

Good Luck with the Sale when the time comes mate

Back