• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 Hey Guys, just bought a DC5....

I need a little help, I have just bought an 02 plate DC5. Ive looked for one for a while that was as new as possible, low mileage as possible and as standard as I could get it.

The Car I have was standard apart from the exhaust system which is a 5zigen product, it's a bit too noisey for me, I haven't even got it yet and I am already getting stick from the mrs about it being too noisy.

My question is what is the best exhaust to go for that is still going to give me a decent soundtrack, not going to deafen me (ideally less than 95 - 100db) and still looks decent?
I was strongly considering a HKS Hi power, but looking at a lot of posts on here they recommend not.

Help????

but aren't they quite noisey? I like to do trackdays, they're usually restricted to between 100 db - 105 db, i thought fujitsubo's exceeded that

Try finding an RM-01A!!!!!

Mugen twinloop is quite quiet.

I love the look of the Twinloop but not heard one in anger. As and when i do thats where my money will go. Also try the DC5 forum there was a topic on this not so long ago with pictures so you can see how it looks. ;-)

i do like the twin loop! if you dont know what you want, get all the names together, go on youtube and search them all! always a video of someone else's exhaust system on there :)
it will give you an idea or point you in the right direction atleast...

This will help you :)

[video=youtube;oVDlS5BW4x0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDlS5BW4x0[/video]

Thanks, I must have watched this YouTube vid a 100 times. I think I'm quite focused on getting a mugen twin loop at the moment (typically, one of the most expensive), but I can't help thinking about the hks, is there something I don't know about as to why the furumns slate it? Also anyone got the best site to buy from, there's loads out there? 

I just got Spoon N1 backbox in my DC5 and it's amazingly light compare to standard and sounds great without being over the top!

Back