• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hey peeps, just bought my first type r! Small fault, hope you can help...

Lovely car, well worth the years I've waited to get one :) Only bought it last night and Im at work all weekend so wont see it in day light till Monday :rolleyes: Anyway, little problem, I can't lock it. Wifes been using it today, if locked with fob, alarm goes off almost straight away. Lock with key and it unlocks itself 2 minutes later. Any ideas whats going on?

Cheers ;)

sure the bonnet, boot or one of the doors isnt slightly open? The alarm will sound if you lock it with a door or something open

Yeah I thought that, I'll check that when I get home, probably something silly like that cheers :)

always go for the simple cheap things first. Hope thats the problem, I know EP3's have issues with the alarms where water gets in through the areil. That would be my next target if its not a door sensor or something

Thanks mate, can't wait till monday to get a bit more hands on with it. Spec that I know if so far, white wheels (will be painted black) not sure what make, K&N/Ram air induction and a Buddy Club exhaust.

Durham-20121103-00015.jpg

Well, after slamming all doors, boot, bonnet and petrol cap, car stayed locked all night when locked with the key. Alarm still goes off though if using fob to lock it. Seperate problems possibly? One other thing that may or may not be related, noticed that when engine running and lights on, lights flicker in time to the engine revs. Any ideas appreciated!

Back