• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Hi, new member with his FN2

Hi everyone,

I joined a little while back but this is my 1st post.

Im a proud owner of a FN2 in nhb, owned it since april 07, its my 1st type R and loving every second of it, loving the tec :D

heres a couple of pics of it when i first bought it i had windows tinited 35% around and h.i.ds fitted 1st week i owned it

SP_A0008.jpg

PIC_0461.jpg

Ive done a couple of things to it now which have been difficult due to nothing being out for the fn2 but its a start dont you think :smt047

*wheels powder coated black and centre caps to match
*Mugen engine parts fitted rad/oil cap, socks, thermo switch.
*mugen logo added to quarter panel type r logo
*b piller trims colour coded and mugen logo added
*petrol cap colour coded
*aem induction kit

Here are some pics

PIC_0079.jpg

PIC_0095.jpg

PIC_0094.jpg

PIC_0073.jpg

PIC_0277.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic4.jpg

SP_A0011.jpg

Hope you all like. . .

since my last pictures ive had the optional front/rear bumpers fitted (i'll add some pics sometime)

in the near future im having it lowered on kw version3 coilovers and in may a hks exhaust :smt023

Also in may im thinking of having it resprayed cw its gunna cost £1600 ive got it provisionally booked in at a porsche dealership bodyshop in exeter. its just alot of money and im thinking either wait a year or so (but i want to be the first owned of a fn2 in this country to have a cw fn2) or im really considering px my fn2 for a cw fd2

Thanks everyone for looking

Thanks everyone, glad you all like

Yeah i think it looks evil as well, looks even more evil now its got its new bumpers on it :twisted:

Just needs lowering and the evil exhaust note to finish off perfectly lol

I wanna see a fd2 in real life before deciding its just in the southwest where i live there is no importers so without traveling 100s of miles i cant get a drive in one or talk about a deal for one :(

Ello, see you have migrated :p. As for the exhaust, the Milltek from ABP I'm more than happy with and the K&W Coilovers go on this Saturday. So I'll bung up a piccy for you to asses.

Nickyboy: Im interested in that exhaust on ebay thats a pretty good deal i might email him later. Cheers for that. .

-=Stella Artois=- Yeah i couldnt stand it over the other side, the people who run it are idiots :lol: im interested in the milltek exhaust does it sound good? when its on tick over can you hear it? i just want a nice quality burble as its stationary and balls out jap engine noice on tec. . :lol: yeah if you dont mind i would really[SIZE=-1][/SIZE] appiciate that are you gunna drop it to the maximum because ive heard the max on kws are only 35mm or something like that. ive worked out 35mm would look perfect on standard 18s. you gone for version 3s???

Yes, version 3's Jtune have run them for a while and give great reviews on their FN2 Time Attack car. They go as far as to say that the ride quality is less harsh than the standard setup, yet the suspension poundage is greater. I'm having the fast road setup and the front camber adjusters fitted, will set the ride height at 304mm as opposed to the 340mm standard, which affirms the 35mm +- 1mm drop. I'm running 19's so I will have to watch for any rubbbing, however I'm assured that this will not be a problem.

The Milltek, totally transforms the car, took me an hour to fit, as it come in 9 parts!!! - I went for the non resonated centre box removed. I have a dyno planned in for next week, but with the AEM and the Milteck, there is definitely a marked improvement. It pulls harder from Vtec, much better than previously, and when out of the Vtec the exhaust has quite a deep, but is surprisingly quiet. There is a slight problem area at 3900 rpm as its quite boomy but I can live with that, others may not, yet it does not appear to have a downside yet. The noise is quite loud on full throttle as it encroaches into the car, but it broadens that Vtec grin.

You will definitely hear it on cam as she is deep, loud and funnily makes it sound like a V8, which is quite bizaar, but refreshing too. This may be something to do with the unequal length exit pipes from the rearbox, which are slightly redesigned from the OEM. The exhaust quality is top notch and not a single blow or leak when fitted, as they have spent quite some time in getting the tolerances close. Each single piece comes with its own Ident plate and the fitting instructions are simple yet thorough.

Fook me, that sounded like a review!! - anyway i'm really pleased with mine, with one exception, I just need to tweak the alignment on the drivers side exit pipe due to it rattling after a heavy session (it vibrates on the tailpipe trim after it has expanded).

Wow sounds good i think i'll go for the kws to, i can get a really good price for version 3s as i used to work for a company that are main dealers for kw. i am just a little concerned about the hight drop i want my standard 18s to sit just off the wheel arch line so 35mm will i think just be about right could do with a extra 10mm to make sure but there you go.

As with the exhaust you have reviewed it well :D but could you tell me if the car was stationary can you hear the exhaust note say if you were standing out side the car to the side lets say or front

This is what i want just a quality burble to tell people yeah this car is quick dont mess :lol:

These are a little rushed, but maybe they will help.

[youtube]C-fCSDeV7sg[/youtube]

[youtube]rFIjARdTCcc[/youtube]

[youtube]5oTKnOYkc8k[/youtube]

[video=youtube;vuXkQKuAP_M]old link autoupdated[/video]

[video=youtube;HBwUrBF1KXI]old link autoupdated[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you just record them top man :smt023

The one i would be most interested at the front of the car sound doesn't seem to work :( but all the rest sound really good

Would you say there is a noticeable good increase in sound from the milltek to the standard exhaust on tick over???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit of a biffa when it comes to video, surprised that any of them worked. I have another clip, but youtube is on a go slow. Will add it as soon as.

yeah that'll be kool. Your a great help. Your not doing a good job from me trying to stop spending money im like on the verge of buying that system on ebay :lol:

Yeah i am interested in it just depends on how much i can afford at the moment because this month ive already bought the optional Honda f/r bumper extension costing me like £650 now im skint

Im selling my other car on ebay at the moment its going pretty well at the moment so if that sells i might treat myself as exhaust is a bargain lol :rolleyes:

Don't take this the wrong way, but the front splitter on the NHB doesn't stand out enough to warrant that kind of money....Now if it were on Millie then that would be different. ;)

Don't take this the wrong way, but the front splitter on the NHB doesn't stand out enough to warrant that kind of money....Now if it were on Millie then that would be different. ;)

yeah but mine is going cw within the next couple months to a year and then the optional front splitter will look wicked like my avatar. my locall honda dealer was stuck with one so i only paid $250 retail £387 thats why i bough one now not nearer the time of the respray. .

To be honest the front splitter looks alot better in real life to and you know after you washed your fn2 and it comes to drying the original lower splitter it holds water and its a right pain to dry well the optional one doesn't hold water at all so drying is one hell of lot easier and fast

Stupid reason but a reason non the less

this is the only footage I have of the FN with Milltek on. excuse the commentary! ;)

[video=youtube;nAVunoFPSRU]old link autoupdated[/video]

Back