• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Hi newbee with few questions

Hi I'm picking up a 08 type r gt next week and have few questions, the car has 88k miles does it have a timing chain if so do they tend to stretch or need to be replaced at a certain mileage.
When it comes to mapping can the standard ecu be tuned and any good recommendation of parts to fit before a map.
Induction kit do people fit them before a map

Hi I'm picking up a 08 type r gt next week and have few questions, the car has 88k miles does it have a timing chain if so do they tend to stretch or need to be replaced at a certain mileage.
When it comes to mapping can the standard ecu be tuned and any good recommendation of parts to fit before a map.
Induction kit do people fit them before a map

Hi,

I’ve owned mine since new and it’s 10 years old this year. Almost 100k which on these engine is barely run in.
I’d say providing it’s had the correct maintenance and servicing each year with the correct grade and decent quality oil and filters, someone correct me if I’m wrong but you should have many trouble free miles, probably for the life of the car.
If it hasn’t been serviced or cared for and has been thrashed the chain may be noisy but in most cases it will throw up an error code before doing any sort of damage!

Regarding the mods, I’d say a good enclosed cold air induction kit and quality stainless exhaust. Maybe a K pro and then remap.
I’ve only swapped the panel filter out for a K&N one and replaced the exhaust with a Piper Cat back stainless system and it has gained an extra 14bhp on the rolling road.
It’s all up to you at the end of the day - but without throwing some serious money at it your probably only going to get a max of 230-240bhp from modifications.
For a car of that age/mileage would it be worth it for serious mods - but again totally up to you!

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back