• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 hid converstion on fn2 gt

hi
i am looking in to doing a diy hid converstion has anyone done this, there seem to be alot of choice out there anyones advise would be a help.

Loxy has done his, have a look for his thread in the members car section. ;)

Hi.

Im new to the FN2, just had mine for 2 weeks. so excuse any rediculous comments.

I though HID lights were standard but obviously not. I saw a 58 plate with HID the other morning and it looked really nice. Do you need a HID conversion or are there any decent bulb upgrades.

Thanks

Hi.

Im new to the FN2, just had mine for 2 weeks. so excuse any rediculous comments.

I though HID lights were standard but obviously not. I saw a 58 plate with HID the other morning and it looked really nice. Do you need a HID conversion or are there any decent bulb upgrades.

Thanks

They are standard on the Championship White model and all others from MY09.

So the parts from a 09 model could be swapped onto an earlier model. Should be straight forward?

You could swap the head light lens units themselves so that you get the self levelling action which is a legal requirement, however since the wiring is different as the HID bulbs need high voltage (25k-50k volts) to run the bulbs, you would need a conversion kit to provide the necessary kick.

Also to be 100% legal you should have headlight washers fitted as well, however my FN2 has neither self leveling lights nor the headlight washers and it passed its first MOT at the main dealers about 6 weeks ago.

If I got stopped by a picky police officer though or if VOSA decide to clamp down on them I might be in trouble...

The "How to" thread is here, it is a fairly easy job:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?70866-How-to-Fit-HIDs-to-a-FN2-CTR

and my car thread is in my signature.

Beforeandafter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back