• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hid Kit Which Kit do i need ???

Hello i own a civic type r 2004 was to get the hid conversion done but iam confused what bulb kit do i need to buy?? My bulb size is the h1 but some people have got h4 kits in their cars?? so iam confused can anyone help Thanks, :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
H1 for facelifted model. You need the bulb holders too. Ebay is your best bet for both. Don't be scared off by the cheap Chinese ones....they're all the same!

cheers. would it be a straight fitment if id bought the kit and the holders? i was looking at some h1 6000k 55w kits which are brighter then normal 35w

Yes they are a straight fit but just incredibly fidly on the passenger side. I've got the same 55w kit too, don't see why not given the price difference.

They will fail an MOT on our cars but I swap them out (including the ballasts) during MOT time anyway.

where did you buy the 55w 6000k kits mate was it ebay?? so iam sure i only just need to buy h1 hid kits for mine not gona boder with h4 etc..

You dont have a choice between h4 and H1, if your fitting the hids to a facelift (2004+) then its H1 and you need the bulb holders.

The seller who has them at the cheapest price i say. I'm led to believe that they're all made in the same place but through different sellers

i got mine off ebay for my 2004 and came with the holders 6k for about 70 quid fiddly to fit and velcro'ed the slim ballasts to the plastic on inner wing wasnt too bad to fit but made a great improvement.

Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Going to shop for a set of h1 kits would probably go for the brighter 55w 6000k usual ones are 35w after my research,

Totally agree cheapest doesnt mean less quality they are all the same just make sure you get a good temperature rating 5000k or 6000k i find best, use ebay some of the ones from hong kong might take time but they get to you eventually, hope this helps

I bought this H1 kit that came with the bulb holders - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270600835696

They was easy to fit and i didnt have to remove the bumper + my hands are massive, the driver side was a little tricky because of the water bottle in the way but i managed to wriggle it in (excuse the pun)

With bulbs moving so fast is it really worth the hassle to fit an HID kit over say the Philips Blue Vision Extreme bulbs?

Newbie question, not too familiar but what are the differences between 35w and 55w, what do people generally tend to run?

55w are brighter and in my opinion too much so.

I'd recommend 35w personally.

Back