• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID problem or electrical gremlin ?

Hi guys, Really could do with some help.:confused: I had an 8k HID kit fitted for about 15 months or so, But last week the driver’s side gave up. I decided to purchase a new kit. I fitted the kit last night and would you believe it the new kit is not working on the driver’s side too. I was gutted, but more to the point I have no idea what could be causing this problem or is it just a coincidence. Any help or previous experiences with a problem like this would be great. Many thanks Craig.

Thats about the only thing i didn't try last night , I will give it ago when i finish work. Cheers crumb

Any other suggestion chaps???

Last edited by a moderator:
Right lads just a quick update on the situation, I took the HID kit back to the shop last night and tried another ballast. Bingo problem solved, until I got half-way home and the headlights started to flicker. The flickering got so bad I had a car pull over to let me past thinking I was the police. So I decided to take the back roads home, the flickering made driving a bit strange to say the least. So to cut a long story short I shall be taking the HID kit back again tonight intending on getting a full refund. Can anyone recommend a good reliable kit to buy? Thanks all. Craig

Back