• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID problems (high beam on low beam)

Hiya guys,

Done some research on this and not getting a decent answer (I don't think, anyway).

first time I've been out in the civic in the dark and used the HIDs that were already installed by previous owner. So, heres the problem..... low beam (dipped) setting turns on high/main beam and when you click the stalk for high/main beam it turns them off altogether.

Is this something anyone else has come across? Wiring done by a monkey, I mean previous careful owner?

Cheers,

Chris

Personally I'd check the wiring loom. It could be wired up backwards from the manufacturer or more likely somebody has got the harness on upside down/twisted the 180 degrees the wrong way.

Obvious suggestion I know but always best to start at basics and work upwards from there.

Cheers mate.

I have ended up ripping the chinese ebay piece of crapola out and filing it under B. It was a total heap of junk. Buy cheap, buy twice in this instance.

Back