• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID Questions

As I have the face lift with projector lights I thought it would be rude not to fit xenons

I keep seeing bi-xenon kits as well as the normal straight bulb swap hid kits

Any one know anything about these?

My ep3 is an 06 plate, searched for replacement dipped bulbs and was told H4 or H1, but didn't give any dates the different sizes related too

Help is appreciated

Yeah I read that

but one of the hid kits stated it was for a facelift ep3 supplied with H1 bulbs, yet mentioned that a few have H4 so best to check

Which is what confused me

i have facelift projector headlights, and i've got the h1 HID kit. Theres no need to HID the full beam (HB3) so just H1 is needed :D
Facelift - H1 dipped, HB3 full beam
preface - H4 one bulb hi/low

6k hid kit arrived and was fitted tonight in the dark

It's rather fiddly to do the off side one!

Cheers again

Did you have to buy different bulb holders for it or did they come in the kit? Can you not use the oem ones?

I got some with a kit off eBay

Searched for hid ep3

There is a guide on here of how to use the originals

But tbh for how much the holders cost its not worth the hassle of modding the oems

Item code - 270600835696

They arrived really quick and fitting was easy

Just a case of knowing the metal spring inside needs to latch round the back of something

Took me a bit to figure it out as you gotta do it blind

Once I did one the next took all of a minute to fit

Search that code on ebay and it will take you straight to the kit

H1 for facelift civic and H4 for pre facelift

But reflector lights and hids don't play nice for on coming cars!

Thanks , mines a facelift (H1) :)

Think I'll buy this kit then , just need to source some sidelights to match... i dont think ill be fitting these myself though as my hands are like dinner plates :lol:

Mine had some led side lights that are ever so slightly tinted blue

They look good with the hid kit

The drivers side is a bit fiddle due to washer bottle being in the way

But its not hard if you take your time (Y)

No modifying, two spade connectors go into the plug which comes off the bulb

Plug them in and job done

No modifying, two spade connectors go into the plug which comes off the bulb

Plug them in and job done

If you do try to fit them and need any help just drop me a pm

This HID kit sounds of interest to me also fella, any chance of some pictures to show what they look like.

And just to claify (i'm a total fcukwit when it comes to anything mechanical/technical to fit) you take out your old bulbs and these bad boys just 'plug in' and away you go?

Where did you mount/hide the ballasts?

Last edited by a moderator:
As above, ive got some 3M sticky back velcro to mount the ballasts.. that stuff sticks like poo to a blanket :lol:

did you modifiy the rubber covers that cover the back of the bulbs ?

Back