• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID Questions

They came with cable ties so near side ballast is cable tied to my front strut brace, and my off side ballast cable tied to the mount for air con pipe near strut

As for fitting it's take oem bulb out, put + and - from hid kit into the Honda bulb connector

Put the xenon bulb through the hole in the rubber light backing, making sure its the right way round

Fit the bulb, and press the rubber cover back over

IMG_20110920_193441.jpg

I did mine after work in dusk, so had to just feel the holes and put the bulbs in

Still was pretty easy to do if you can get your hands in!

A photo of the engine bay I have, on iPod touch so can't see if they show the ballasts

IMG_20111009_133925.jpg

But they haven't budged in 200 miles since fitting

Thanks for the pics so does the red plug plug into the honda plug and where does the other plug with the green on it go?

mine should be here tomorrow i missed the parcel today

or do them 2 plugs connect to eachother and alls i need to do is push the spade ends into the bulb connecter ?

Those two plug together

So....

Honda bulb connector to + and -

Black connector into red connector

Ballast

Bulb

Hi guys, sorry to be a pain and bring this whole conversation back up! But I've just ordered this kit as ive been putting it off due to money! The pics that you've put up are great chris, they have definately made my mind up to get it! But when you got the kit did you upgrade the main beam aswell? Or did you not bother?

Thanks in advance liam

I didn't bother, I was told they won't last long in main beam as flashing them doesn't let them properly heat up

So just shortens there life span

Plus when you flash someone it wont be very bright

Yeah the main beam is rarely used, only to flash someone now and again so they're barely going to be on.

sidelights are easy just remove a few clips in the wheel arch and reach on in there :D

Thats a very good point :) i think i will have a go at the side lights then if its as easy as you say haha its all about pimping the cosmics ;) more mods en route!!

If your doing sidelights ( which look so much better with hids ) I'd recommend some silver indicator bulbs as well.

Gets rid of the fried egg look!

As said just two press pins and you can reach in to the back of them through the arch lining

Before

IMG_20111009_133009.jpg

After

IMG_20111009_133502.jpg

With doing the indicator bulb, doesn't that mean when you indicate it doesnt flash orange like it should? Or is it an orange bulb coated silver?

Orange light but silver bulb

Normaly they are just standard bulbs with the glass painted orange

Makes the light clusters look much cleaner

Sweet! Cheers for the info chris! Might have a bash at that aswell depending on whether or not its too fiddly haha

It looks like a good spot, mine are just cable tied to my strut bar!

As for getting dirty not to worry, the slimline digital ballasts are waterproof from the description of ones I bought

As for damaging your ecu I wouldn't have thought so, they only have the normal 12v going in, the light system should also have fuses

but the ballast itself makes 24'000 V which doesn't sounds safe, so i'd rather ask :D
thanks for help anyway - can't wait for them to come !

I've got 8000K HID's (more of an aqua blue tint to the light) for the dipped headlights which look sweet but looking to get bulbs for the main beam to match, any ideas?
going HID on main beam seems to be a waste of time from what i've read on here, any suggestions?
also love the silver indicator bulbs, would never have thought of that myself. definitely gonna get that done! :cool:

Back