• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HIDs into facelift headlights

Hello folks

I have just bought the wife a Milano Red CTR and on driving it home the lights are **** poor imo

I have had HIDs fitted to my last 2 cars and was gonna fit them to the honda but the light fittings are completely different from any i've seen

Has anyone done it an easy way and if so do they have a "How to" guide???

Cheers

Eck

Last edited by a moderator:
Try using the search option, But i bought the adapters off ebay for around £12 that you place the bulb into, that holds it in the back of the headlamp.

Can you refit the rear covers with the holders???

I know you need to drill a small hole for the wiring aswell.

Is that the only way it can be done then yes???

The rubber covers do you mean?

If so yes i fitted mine over fine, And as for drilling holes i didnt do any of that.

Just plugged them to the ballasts and sorted.

I take it the wiring from the ballasts have a slot already in the headlight then???

I had to drill a 10mm hole in my rear headlight cover on my LCR so that the wires could pass through. Thats was the only way the cover could be efitted properly

OK just done a search and it brought up nothing unfortunatly

Anyone else have a How to guide???

Superb your a star mate

Wiring them up isnt a problem as its just plug and play, it was the bulb holders that were worrying me

What did you do about the wires coming off the bulbs???

I take it the rear headlight cover just gets forced over them???

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh the rubber covers just pushed over the bulb, just feed the wires through the hole in the rubber then push it onto the back of the headlight.

As for the wires from the new HID bulb goto the wires from the ballast, then the others wires that runs into the ballast for the signal to your ballast plug into the plug that was originally plugged to your standard bulb.

If at all any of that is understandable?!?!

I got some 6k bulbs in mine, there fine and loads better than the standards, there toss.

Yea it makes sense lol

I fitted my 6k ones to my car a few months back, pretty straight forward

I am gonna go for the 4.3k ones this time and go for a more whiter light output

Post pics up of them fitted, i wouldnt mind some 4.3 or 4.5ks in mine, instead of the blue/white light the 6ks give off.

Back