• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID's strange problem

fitted some new HID's this afternoon H1's 6000K all went well and installation was simple with straight forward wiring all was fitted and tested so made everything tidy put trim bits on side of engine bay etc turned lights on to admire handy work and they look great next came the problem, started the car left hand HID goes out
icon_eek.gif
turned lights off then on again, still out
icon_confused.gif
so turned the ignition off light comes back on its wierd they seem to work great aslong as the engine isnt running
when checking different things i accidentally cracked the starter and it flickers on when that happens i just dont get it all wiring seems correct its annoying as hell
new_cussing.gif

I had this problem when i went to install the HID's in my 02 CTR. Was a pain in the ass, never knew what caused the problem. One light would go when it felt like it and then come back in full working order for a few years. I sold the car in the end for a DC5 with standard HID's :D

Sounds like a faulty ballast/converter/ignighter or whatever you want to call it.

Get in contact with the company you purchased it from. Should have a warranty. Unless its eBay then you may find you just wont get an answer :rolleyes:

oops forgot to post the outcome of this

sorted it, it was a faulty ballast i contacted the person i bought it off and they sent a new ballast out straight away got it with a few days and all is well.

bought them from ebay user lyly something sells the bosch kits was good comunication through the whole thing, ebays not all bad :)

Back