• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID's???

Hi all,

Recently bought some HID's for my Type R,

Question being, there is obviously a main bulb (Dipped/full) and a small side light bulb.

In the kit I can only see a main bulb???

However my mate bought a kit for his Type R and has HID side lights?

Help please?

Picture:
IMG_1106.jpg

I'm not expert, but a HID is just a high intensity bulb, powered with high voltage through a ballast. There'd be no need to drive sidelights from this so I can only assume he has LED bulbs as his sidelights as they are brighter than normal ones and you can get them in varying colour temperatures like you can with the main HID bulb.

You can get them for less than £10 off eBay.

They are also more power efficient and don't burn as hot as conventional bulbs.

great thankyou both, unsure whether yellow would look good on a jap car or tacky? it is ukdm at the end of the day

i have bought the same kit as this but its not working. how did you get yours to work. my mate and i have never had problems before. just plug and play but not with the civic 51 plate. the supplier says i may need a decoder which are a bout £10 on ebay but do i need it as not alot of people have heard of it please help someone

Never heard of a decoder before.

Plug and play. The only thing you might have done wrong is get the negative and positive the wrong way round if the HID ballast has spade connectors on that connect to the OEM bulb holder.

The instructions for the HID kit should tell you which colour is on the kit is positive etc.

Back