• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HIDS4U,H4 Bi-xenon HID kit

Any prefacelift owners out there with the kit fitted had problems with the full beam?

Fitted my kit yesterday and all was great on my night drive untill i switched to full beam, the road that had been lit by the dipped beam was plunged into darkness for 30+ feet in front of the car, the kit supplier cant understand whta the problem is and suggests dropping the lights down, this seems extreme as the dipped beam matches perfectly to the OEM bulb spread and the car passed MOT last month no worries.

Any help appreciated as i've pulled most of my hair out now!!
AC :)

They may be an agent for them. :?:

And regarding your query, I have replied on your other thread.

I've got a set fitted and don't have this problem :?

are you sure the bulbs are fitted correctly?

jsc said:
I've got a set fitted and don't have this problem :?

are you sure the bulbs are fitted correctly?

They agree that there is no way to fit them wrong, can you see a way to get it wrong?

I guess it will end up being replaced as no-one can see what could be the problem other than a faulty kit.
AC :?

How have you got the shield thingy (circled) fitted?

IIRC it should be fitted so the shield is vertically above the bulb

slide39gv1.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

Indeed mate it is and its locked in place by rotating.

You got any pics of your beams against a wall?

AC :cry:

hmm

I tested my main beams (sorry no pics) and it looks nothing like that :?

Have you tried changing the left and right hand side bulbs over

jsc said:
hmm

Yes mate, done all that and no joy, also messed about with the headlamp adjusters as the supplier was adamant that was the problem, now back with the old H4 bulbs after paying the local garage £10 to set the headlights up again and the supplier wants £80 deposit on some replacement bulbs!!

AC :twisted:

The replacement bulbs are here and fitted, out tonight to see if its any different!!

Fingers crossed
AC :wink:

My bi-xenon kit looks nothing like the pics you posted Andy, granted the dipped beam pic looks similar, but the high beam doesn't !! :shock:

When on the high beam by the nature of headlights there isn't the same amount of light directly on the ground in dipped mode, however the difference isn't much and things in the distance are lit up well. I rate the HIDS4U bi-xenon kits pretty highly. I'm totally satisfied with my 6k kit, as is JSC I think!

CTR_Paul said:
My bi-xenon kit looks nothing like the pics you posted Andy, granted the dipped beam pic looks similar, but the high beam doesn't !! :shock:

When on the high beam by the nature of headlights there isn't the same amount of light directly on the ground in dipped mode, however the difference isn't much and things in the distance are lit up well. I rate the HIDS4U bi-xenon kits pretty highly. I'm totally satisfied with my 6k kit, as is JSC I think!

Cheers mate, here's hoping the new bulbs fix the problem, if not the whole lot will go back as ive now been offered a full refund.

Is yours the current kit with the HIDS4U labels or the older Pilot one?
Cheers

CTR_Paul said:
andycole said:
Is yours the current kit with the HIDS4U labels or the older Pilot one?
Cheers

It's a Pilot one fella :) Purchased in ~ March 06.

Thanks for that Paul, i'm told that they have sold hundreds of the Bi-xenon kit to satisfied civic owners, but so far no one else appears to have been sold the HIDS4U branded kit that i'm having problems with.
AC :cry:

jsc said:
hmm

JSC, is yours PILOT or the newer HIDS4U labelled model?

Cheers

jsc said:
mine are pilot purchaned around the same time as Paul

Cheers then mate, looks like the guy may not have hundreds of happy civic drivers using this particular kit then.

Back