• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

High pitch whistling noise

Hi guys ive noticed a strange noise coming from the engine its a very shrill whistling noise its only starts at 7k revs. and stops when i change gear and the revs drop. This noise is in every gear.
Anybody got any ideas? cheers

no havent removed that although i will do and see if that stops it. I thoght it was more than that as its always at 7k it does it vtec comes in fine at 6 then at 7 i have that noise

**** knows, I recently got rid of a whistle/whine at exactly 2K RPM, turned out to be the driveshaft heatshield. That's worth a shot too.

**** knows, I recently got rid of a whistle/whine at exactly 2K RPM, turned out to be the driveshaft heatshield. That's worth a shot too.
I have to go out tonight just a short journey so il remove all heatshields i can see and see it that helps. cheers nick

Driveshaft heatshield is a bit hard to reach, though there is a quick guide on here I think.

I thought i read here somewhere that the EP3 engine whines anyway ......... well mine does in third and fourth at about 3K???????????

Back