• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

High pitched noise coming from the intake manifold area

I went super nerd and put a (tegiwa y0) thermal gasket between both the adaptor plate to the RBC and the plate to the TB. Wham some loktite on the bolts if they work loose again Chris.

I went super nerd and put a (tegiwa y0) thermal gasket between both the adaptor plate to the RBC and the plate to the TB. Wham some loktite on the bolts if they work loose again Chris.

Already been advice to do so, thanks, so have some on order and when I get a spare hour or so I'll pull it all apart and do that.

Be prepared to have a hack at the slam panel (not sure on DC5). On my EP with an RBC it was tight. Adding the thermal gaskets lost another 8ish millimetres clearance for the TB to the slam panel so a little bit of dremelling was required to produce the clearance.

I plan on removing the slam panel anyway to create more room and airflow. Just have to get bonnet latches at some point. All £££ though!

Back