• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

High Speed Braking Vibration

I've started to notice recently when I brake from high speed I get what I can only describe as a vibration.

I can feel it through the steering wheel and pedals but it's only from 60mph+. To me it feels like it's coming from the front wheels but I could be wrong.

I've had a look at the discs and pad but they look (to me) OK. I'm going to take it up my local Hi-Q but I would like to know what I'm talking about before hand.

It may be pad bulid up on the disk. Tru rubbing down the discs with a very light sandpaper and also do the same on the pads and see if that makes a difference. Otherwise it sounds like you may have overheated the discs slightly. Check for play in the discs as well.

HTH

That sounds a bit beyond me to be honest, but thanks for the advice.

At least I'll sound like I know what I'm talking about when I goto the garage.

How hard are you braking? I ask as it might be your ABS coming in as normal.

It was that and not take :facepalm:

It happens under light-ish braking too. Does the ABS light flash when it kicks in as I could check that.

Finally got this fixed so I thought I'd share with the group.

It was a rear brake pad that had worn down unevenly. Just had my rear discs and pads done which has fixed it.

The rears got a clean bill of health from Honda too!

Back