• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HIGH VOLTAGE!!!

WPJ

To be perfectly honest im just being lazy here, as i could probably sort it out down the local honda branch!! But before i make the 20mile dash to the garage i thought i'd ask the geniune honda experts ;)

In the last few days my car has felt the need to induce, to what i can only describe as chewing an electric fence!!! Opening or closing any door or even touching any panel after car has been started or recently driven usualy results in an un welcomed shock.

i know i probably sound like im over exagerating the scene but i can honestly say i have had cars in the past with this issue but not to this extent, either that or im getting old!!

I do recall back in 1985 My mum's beloved Austin Alegro Estate (british racing brown) had this problem and was cured by attaching what i can only describe as a 12inch rubber dildo to the rear bumper, as you can gather this is my last resort, as i dont think they sell these at halfrauds, and to buy such a contraption these days needs a licence, not to mention what the neighbours might thingk:eek:

so anyone with any previous experiences or suggestions regarding this problem, i would be very gratefull for your help!

cheers!!

As you get out, have your hand touch the frame of the door before your foot hits the floor.

I remember them rubber earthing things.

I do get a few shocks off mine but nothing excessive.

Perhaps its something to do with your clothing creating static?

Back